Sunday, January 18

Flohmarkt und Freizeit

This weekend was very refreshing. Friday night I had the chance to make dinner for Laura and I at my apartment, and it actually turned out pretty good! I couldn't help but think of my grandma because I used actual bread for breadcrumbs. Now, I didn't make the bread, but it is a step in the right direction. 

On Saturday, we went to the flohmarkt and scrounged through others' junk to find treasures. I found a pair of red binoculars that I feel were an Italian designer's that we learned about in Sources, but I couldn't think of who it was, and couldn't get myself to pay for it if I didn't really know. Found a cool blackletter calendar from München in 1926, too, but the guy wanted too much, and I can't barter in German yet. I thought this pic was cool...

In the afternoon, I did a little shopping at Zara, and invested in a stiff white button-down. Seems like a closet staple. Whenever I think of a white button-down shirt, I think of June Cleaver and other 50s figures, and people talking about using starch to stiffen the collar. I do not know why.

Went on a long long walk in the afternoon, with my iPod in and my SLR. The sun was ashining, and the river was calling my name. I think my only wish would've been to able to redo the walk without my iPod. A lot of your senses turn off when you put an iPod on. I wonder how my pictures would've differed.



Watched "10 Things I Hate About You" in the eve, and fell in love with Heath Ledger all over again. I never really realized how brilliant that movie is. I feel like it is one of the ones you'll show your kids and say, "This, this was my generation." That, and "She's All That."

Today was a day of email catchup and forms. I did some design work, and got to share my portfolio with my roommate. Sometimes it can be difficult to hear feedback, positive or negative, about your work. You pour your heart and soul into your pieces, so any comment about your work is also about you. It was a great discussion, though, and it put some new ideas and perspectives into my mind.

Church was convicting tonight, because we talked about money and finances. It was timely.

Guten nacht, freunde.

No comments: