Friday, January 23

Dormant Envelopes

Came home this evening in anticipation of quiet letterwriting and reading, but plans quickly amended when our neighbor came down to hang out with us. We chatted about 9/11, Guantanamo, Obama, friendship, heritage and ancestry, and just took pleasure in each others' company, over coffee and wine, of course. I learned of some new bands that I am eager to hear more of, mostly acoustic stuff. I had never seen or heard of a twelve-string guitar until tonight! He also saved my computer; we found out (by smell) that my computer cord was literally melting together, and he lent me his old adapter, so please thank him for salvaging my connection to you.

Anyways, The Catcher in the Rye was left untouched, and addressed envelopes with no contents lay dormant on the dining room table, but the alternative was a night of learning and laughter and just plain fun. I love the unexpected.

1 comment:

The Dapelo Family said...

I love reading all of your posts and seeing all your beautiful pictures. I have to say that I envy all the experiences that you are getting now! :)