Tuesday, June 17

the "slow triangle"

The weather here is a perfect 72. The clouds are in perspective, and the vast flatness just makes the sky that much bigger. I was driving with the windows down, hair blowing madly, when the van in front of me dramatically slowed. Breaking from the cruise control, I was miffed to see the "slow triangle" on the tractor in front of us. As it turned into the next drive, I couldn't help but smile at the two boys in the cab with their father, "helping."

I have had some wonderful conversations with friends the past few days. It is awesome how God can speak through people, believers and non-believers alike. Watched Capote, which is probably one of the most moving films I have seen in a long time, that is, the parallels between Truman and Perry. Just rent it, ok? It's 1.07 at Family Video. 

I have been learning about love recently. I have been learning not to resist loving, in order to wait for an exchange, but to give it freely with no expectations. God does that every day. He doesn't wait until you're ready, but is constantly pouring His love into you. To be like God, we must love expecting nothing in return, and truly praising Him when it is an exchange. I think there is probably much more to love than we realize now.

Go outside. I am.


2 comments:

chih-hua said...

i miss you already linds. this is going to be difficult!

i LOVE you.

Amanda Carmen Bower said...

"To be like God, we must love expecting nothing in return" ... Such a good point. I needed to hear that. I definitely stink at loving like that.