Sunday, June 15

the hills are alive...with the itch of fire ants

I feel as though I need to write, as to assure all of my [2] readers that I am mentally stable. 

Today was great. Watched Silence of the Lambs at the ripe time of 7pm—early enough in the evening to not be scared out of my mind. Bought a book about Switzerland, Irresistible Revolution, and a small, train-size reference Bible. Started packing a bit, and I think I'll be able to fit it all into my baggage allowance. I will not overpack, I will not overpack...

I had a random thought today, of how much I would love to teach design someday. I think I would be shortchanging students if I pursued teaching after graduation, within 10 years of graduation even, but I would love to see that in the distant future, ah! I would love to be a Robin Williams-type in Dead Poets Society; I want to inspire, dig out the seeds that are inherantly planted and water them, and help the students water each other's. I want to break them free from the classroom and show them life. Yes, yes I do know that I am a mere 21. But a girl can dream, right?

The Napoleon evening was beautiful, until I realized that I was sitting in a large fire ant hill by the roses in front of our house. We have one cat and a kitten right now, and they have brought me a lot of smiles in the past few days. 

I am still struggling here, but I am starting to turn to God again. It is amazing how the seasons of your life can change so quickly.

1 comment:

Amanda Carmen Bower said...

I think teaching design is a FANTASTIC dream! You would be way good at that. Seriously. Also, I can totally hear you saying the part about the Napoleon evening and the fire ant hill and it made me laugh :) ... and made me miss your laaaauuuggghh!!