Thursday, June 25

"The Glen"

So when you wake up in the morning, and see Pike's Peak, you think it can't get much better. And then I remember that I work near a castle. Woah.

This castle is part of Glen Eyrie, and was built by General Palmer, the founder of Colorado Springs, near the Garden of the Gods. It was once owned by Billy Graham, and then the Navigators. Now the Carriage House is a coffee shop, and there are tours that run through regularly. They also have a High Tea, which would be fun to check out. At this point, I've only been on the trails, so I am excited to see and learn more.

The trails and the grounds are always open to NavsStaff. It's pretty cool, flashing my ID badge and entering the grounds.

Below is a picture of Dawson Trotman's grave, founder of the Navigators. He has a really good view of the grounds and of the Garden of the Gods! I learned of Dawson a few years ago in Large Group (in Cincinnati), but have learned much more about him in the last week. Will probably dedicate a post to that later on when I know more.

No comments: