Thursday, December 4

marshall plan

It's hell week for DAAP and I am getting more sleep than I have all quarter. It's bad when you start to fizzle right when you should be your strongest. My body is just begging me to wave the white flag and loosen the chains of sleep deprivation. And when I do cave, it's just a downward slope. How can sleep be bad, you ask, but somehow it is. 

The comforter, sheets, and the blanket on my bed have been in chaotic disarray since I came back from Thanksgiving. I balled them up in the corner so I would be motivated to work (there is no more terrible chore in my life than putting a bed together). I now sleep like a cat, on a pile of dishevelment, in one unified act of rebellion and failure. 

Thought a bit over break about Christmas music, and I am still pondering. We have hymns and psalms from the beginning, and then the 1950s wave (Mel Tormé, Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Bing, Johnny Mathis), songs that are still played 20 times a day, 50+ years after they were first sung. How are modern artists only peppering the Christmas music scene? When we are 70, are they still going to be playing those same songs? What about all the claymation movies? Are we going to establish any new Christmas staples?

My stomach hurts. I ate too much bacon, I think.

 I now retreat to my bed, and, in the words of megan, will try to execute the marshall plan.

No comments: