Tuesday, December 9

gingerbread town.

Had the pleasure of dining with some Milford Navs staff tonight, and my summer in Colorado was cemented.  It was awesome to be invited into their home, a place with Christmas-y garland, homemade ornaments, and a roaring fireplace. When I have a family, I would like to roast marshmallows in the fireplace and make smores. At one point in my life I thought it would be cool to have a tree that was simply pristine, that I would probably decorate with white lights and beautiful beads and bows and riduculous put-togetherness, but I think I am to that point now that I just want my tree to look like love. To be covered in stupid glitter glue ornaments made in kindergarten. To be laughable but real and true. And I want a real tree, no more pulling it out of the attic and waiting a few days for it to settle and look like a real tree. 

Drove through Mariemont  on the way home, and that place in Christmas seriously looks like it is made out of gingerbread. I felt like if I would've rolled down my civic windows there would just be laughter floating amuck, and beautiful clouds of cold breath. I wanted to sit and soak up Mariemont. 

Headed now to the DAAP show. It is the end, and I can't believe it. I want afternoons filled with dozens of coffee dates in the last two days I am here. I want to skip/ace my German exam. I want to make sure I do not write off my mind into thinking that friendships must go on hiatus until April. I want comfort in knowing that relationships in Basel will still hold strong. Oh Christmas, fill me.

No comments: