Saturday, March 1

i have been pondering a shutting down of the blog, but I have some things to relay, and I apparently have no will power.

It is a beautiful NY morning, soon to be afternoon. People are loosely bundled; we're all eager to feel the warm spring breeze creep into our jackets. It is sunny! I won a free drink today at starbucks for knowing that C.A.F.E. is a starbucks acronym for Coffee and Farming Equity, their socially responsible guidelines for purchasing coffee (I saw the question posted and searched out the answer; I am my mother's daughter). The guy next to me is talking to himself about good and bad cholesterol.

My time here in NY is waning, and in effect, I am starting to see the little glories of the city again. Let me list them for you:
–the whoosh of the train, and how your hair becomes unruly, and you feel a little like a model
–how well-read and informed you feel (because you are constantly surrounded with information)
–commuter shoes
–honking and yelling composed into a streetside symphony
–coming up from the Canal street station into another world; toto, i don't think we're in Kansas anymore (chinatown)
–getting so involved in your iPod music that you start dancing down the street, but WHO CARES.
–being a "regular" at the Variety cafĂ©, having small talk with the bagger
–the way umbrella-sellers come out of the woodwork
–fur-covered sidewalks (coats that if sold could feed a small country, their dogs, and their dogs' coats)
–seeing the whole spectrum of social and ethnic groups living together on 23 square miles of land

well, that was fun. i am leaving now. out to live what i write about. ciao.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you shouldn't shut your blog down. i enjoy reading about your exciting adventure in NYC, plus it gives me a nice break while im at work!

Anonymous said...

don't stop the blog rush. (wild wild west.)

^ will smith reference.