Wednesday, September 10

But I am Le Tired...

A lot of things happening in my life lately, and too much thinking about the future. I try to savor each moment I have, but I can't help but thirst for more insight on to where I will be next. I don't want to wrap things up if they don't have to be. Sometimes I think of life like the boardgame Clue (funny, not the Game of Life). I just want to peek at that CONFIDENTIAL envelope in the middle. I just want to know Miss Scarlet, with the candlestick, in the Conservatory... or Lindsey, with_________, in the country of __________.

My train leaves in three hours, so I am trying to just stay up and wait it out. Perfect blogging opportunity. And time to brush up on my Sound of Music.

On Monday night, the small group came to my apartment for a little get-together. The big event was that I made Skyline dip! Woo! And people liked it! Woo! I must admit, my stomach was acting a little quirky afterwards, probably because I hadn't had it in so long. Funny thing, too, was that with this country being so famous for cheese, you cannot find a mild cheddar to save your life. And what is Skyline without the mound of cheese ontop? I tested a few cheeses, and found one that is pretty close to cheddar. It was a pretty good quality cheese. But no matter how quality, all I really wanted was some ridiculously fake calorific cheddar. We had some really great laughs. I, ironically, made another topless bar/tapas bar faux pas. I had a great discussion with Dave about my time here, and about the progression of the small group during this time. I can't explain the feeling of being used by God. I feel privileged, confused to why He would pick someone screwed up like me to be a messenger, but privileged nonetheless. He can be so mysterious.

Here we are: Chris, Lisa, Me, Lana, Mike, and Dave.
Today, I went shopping for some Euro-Pumas-but-not for my trip, and then came home to go on picnic in the park by my flat! I have wanted to go on a picnic there since the first time I saw this place. Cedric, Katie, and I had some bruschetta, fruit, and a cervelas salad. I am still getting used to the idea of calling something a salad that has absolutely no lettuce involved. We then went back to the flat and had this delicious chocolate and coconut dessert that Cedric made. I am telling you, the guys in this country know how to cook! It's great! I am still learning, but I am better off because of them. And then, I was reconnected to Seinfeld; watched "Yada Yada Yada" and "Muffin Tops." I feel like I have been unfaithful to Seinfeld, that I am having an affair with Friends, but it has been nice to have a break from the show about nothing. I was obsessed for awhile. Now it is under control.

Packed up my room tonight because I want to be able to spend my last three days in Basel, in Basel, and with the people that I love. I forgot how white this room could get. It looks as though my suitcases will close just fine. 
But will I?

No comments: